What are the Process Improvement Project Roles?
- Assign project champions
- Support champions in order to overcome major challenges
- Attend executive reviews to understand champion effectiveness
- Learn basic TPS concepts & advocate practices as a strategic business need
- Periodic on-site visits to understand process issues
- Assign Operation Leader and Kaizen Leader
- Ensure project Key Performance Indicators (KPI) support institution needs
- Align faculty and staff to support the project
- Periodic visits to proess improvement locations to "Go and See" and understand process issues
- Partner with Kaizen Leader to visualize and surface problems within scope
- Responsible for ongoing daily leadership to ensure project
- Delegate and assign tasks
- Manage recurring touchpoints
- Communicate barriers to Champion and request additional support if needed
- Spends nearly 100% of time/work on process support
- Facilitate process mapping sessions
- Coach process owners to understand and solve issues
- Collect and analyse data to determine measure of success
- Prepare and manage project documents during project duration
Project Team/ Process Owners
- Conduct research independently and provide regular status updates
- Promote and enable change to achieve project goals
- High engagement and desire to improve process
- Creativity and an openness to new ideas
- Willingness to ask tough questions
- Strong understanding of the process
How often does the Continuous Improvement Team offer trainings?
- We offer our Continuous Improvement training once a quarter, depending on the number of coaches that are assisting.
- Our office also offers Visio trainings quarterly.